Frequently Asked Questions


How do I obtain information on the Campbell County Conservancy?

The Campbell County Conservancy, Inc. is a non profit, 501C Corporation. The Conservancy's address is 8351 E. Main Street, Suite 104, Alexandria, KY 41001. The Conservancy can be contacted by phone at (859) 635-5666.

How do I obtain a Dog License?

Pet owners must obtain a Dog License from the Campbell County Fiscal Court or the Campbell County Animal Shelter. Licenses expire on June 30 of every year.

The cost is of a Campbell County license is $5.00 per animal per year. Proof of rabies vaccination is required. Printable applications with payment may be returned to the Fiscal Court or Animal Shelter in person or by mail

How do I apply for a job with Campbell County Fiscal Court?

Campbell County Fiscal Court accepts applications for open positions only. Current job opportunities, application forms, and Human Resources contact information are available at the Human Resource page.

How do I obtain a business license or information about payroll taxes?

Contact the Campbell County Occupational License Office by phone at (859) 292-3884 or on their website.

Where do I pay my property tax bill?

Property taxes are paid at the Campbell County Sheriff's Office, located at Campbell County Fiscal Court, 1098 Monmouth St., Newport, KY 41071. The Sheriff's Office can by contact by phone at (859) 292-3833.

Where do I pay my vehicle taxes and register my car?

The Campbell County Clerk's office oversees the collection of vehicle taxes and registration of automobiles.

Who do I call with blight complaints?

Please contact Kirk Hunter, Principal Planner at (859) 547-1865.

What court should I contact for speeding tickets / traffic offenses and information about driving school?

The District Court is located at 600 Columbia Street, Newport, their telephone number is (859) 292-6305.

Where do I go to find the value of a property or dispute the valuation of my property?

The Campbell County Property Valuation Administrator coordinates property assessments.

Where do I go to look up real estate records / deeds, etc.?

The Campbell County County Clerk maintains records related to real estate.

Who do I call for a birth or death certificate?

The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services maintains birth certificates for persons born in Kentucky after 1911.

How do I register to vote?

Guidelines regarding eligibility and voter registration cards are available from the Campbell County Clerk.

How do I get a marriage license?

Contact the County Clerks office at (859) 292-3845. They are located in the Campbell County Courthouse.

Who do I call for a problem with a State Road?

Contact the State Highway Department at (859) 341-2700.

Who do I call for a problem with a County Road?

Contact Luke Mantle, Road Department Director at (859) 635-9100.

Where do I go to renew my drivers license?

The Circuit Clerk's office is located in the Newport Courthouse, 4th & York Sts., Newport. Their telephone number is (859) 292-6311.

How do I know if I need to go to the District Court or Circuit Court?

The Circuit Court issues drivers license, and I.D. Cards, criminal felony charges, divorces, civil actions, and custody cases. They are located in the Newport Courthouse, they can be reached at (859) 292-6314.

The District Court handles all traffic matters, all misdemeanors, juvenile matters, small claims forcible detainer actions, paternity actions, limited civil actions, preliminary hearings on felons and restraining orders. They are located at 600 Columbia Street, Newport, they can be reached at (859) 292-6305.

Passports and bankruptcy hearings are handled by the Federal Government. For passport information you can call (859) 261-4425, they are located at 700 Scott St., Covington, KY. The process normally takes 5-6 weeks.

end faq

Latest Events

Wed Dec 18 @ 5:30PM - 07:30PM
Fiscal Court Meeting
Wed Jan 01 @ 7:00PM - 09:00PM
Fiscal Court Meeting

Latest News

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Police Recruit Testing

Tue, 03 Sep 2019

The Campbell County Police Department will conduct recruit police officer written testing on October 5, 2019 @ 10:00. Testing will be conducted at the Campbell County High School. ...

Read more

AJ Jolly boat ramp closures

Wed, 28 Aug 2019

AJ Jolly boat ramp and Kayak dock will be closed on the following dates and times. September 7, 12:00 am – 6:00 pm. Kentucky Dragon Boat Races September 28, 12:00 am...

Read more

Citizens' Academy Accepting Applications

Wed, 24 Jul 2019

Today, Campbell County Fiscal Court announced that it will again offer a fall citizens’ academy program designed to improve civic education and increase citizen engagement in the workings of the...

Read more

April 9th Planning & Zoning Meeting …

Fri, 05 Apr 2019

The Campbell County and Municipal Planning and Zoning Commission meeting previously schedule for Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at the Alexandria Courthouse has been cancelled. Case 210-19-ZMA-01 related to...

Read more

Step Up to the plate

Thu, 28 Mar 2019

Step Up to the Plate The Campbell County YMCA is starting a Spring Youth Baseball Leagu. For more information please check out the flyer.

Read more

A. J. Jolly 2019 Camping season begins

Thu, 28 Mar 2019

A. J. Jolly Park Camping Season Opens Join us as we open camping for the 2019 season Open our flyer for more information.

Read more

Weather Spotter Training

Fri, 15 Feb 2019

Interested in Weather Spotter Training? Click here for information on an upcoming training announcement.

Read more

Rolling Hills to River Cities…A New Look…

Fri, 25 Jan 2019

At the January 23rd Fiscal Court meeting Campbell County launched a new County logo. Working with the creative team at The Think Shop in Newport, the logo was developed to...

Read more

Campbell County Citizens' Academy Fall 2…

Thu, 19 Jul 2018

Program Similar to a citizens’ police academy, the Campbell County Citizens’Academy is an eightweek educational program where 25-30 citizens meet one night per week to learn more about the structure, functions, and work...

Read more

July 4th Fiscal Court Meeting Canceled

Tue, 26 Jun 2018

Please be advised that the Campbell County Fiscal Court meeting scheduled for Wednesday July 4th 2018 has been canceled due to the holiday. Those of us here at the Fiscal Court...

Read more

Outdoor Warning Siren Test

Fri, 25 May 2018

We will be doing a test of our outdoor warning sirens on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 2:00 PM. This will be a full test of the outdoor warning sirens...

Read more

Volunteers in Police Service

Fri, 18 May 2018

Volunteers in Police Service

The Campbell County Police Department is currently seeking applicants for Volunteers in Police Service. Volunteers in Police Service (V.I.P.S.) have been a valuable asset to the department and help with...

Read more

Covert Run Pike Closure - Bridge Replace…

Thu, 10 May 2018

The bridge on Covert Run Pike just east of Rossford Avenue will be replaced. During this project the road will be closed at the bridge location. The start date will...

Read more

AJ Jolly Campground Reservations - Now O…

Wed, 28 Feb 2018

AJ Jolly Campground Reservations - Now Open We have reached that time again to start thinking about enjoying the weather and all outdoor activities. In Campbell County we have our very...

Read more

Reporting Flood Damage

Tue, 27 Feb 2018

Those homeowners who have been affected by the recent flood are encouraged to report their damage to the Campbell County Office of Emergency Management. Below is a quick form to...

Read more

Campbell County Fiscal Court
Executive Offices

1098 Monmouth Street
P.O. Box 72340
Newport, KY 41072-0340

(859) 292-3838