Protect your Pet from Poison
- Consult your vet before using flea products on young, pregnant, or elderly dogs and cats.
- Store automotive products like oil, antifreeze, and windshield washer fluid out of your pet's reach.
- Know that plants in your house and your yard can be poisonous and/or fatal if ingested by your pet. Azalea, oleander, Castor bean, sage palm, Easter lily, and yew plant material can be lethal.
- Keep household products like fabric softener sheets, mothballs, potpourri oils, dishwasher detergent, homemade play dough, batteries, cigarettes, and pre- 1983 pennies out of your pet's reach.
- Understand that some foods acceptable for human consumption can be harmful if ingested by your pets. Foods such as: chocolate, onion, onion powder, alcoholic beverages, yeast dough, coffee, tea, salt, stems of tomato leaves, and stems from potatoes.
- If you treat your lawn with fertilizers, insecticides, or herbicides, keep animals away from the treated area until it is completely dry.
- Never give your pets medication unless directed by a veterinarian. Pain killers, cold medicines, anti-cancer drugs, anti-depressants, vitamins, and diet pills can be fatal even in small doses.
Tip of the Week= Thanksgiving Pet Cautions
1. Alcohol & Chocolate= These are very toxic to your pets
2. Turkey Bones= these can get lodged in and animals throat and block the intestinal tract. Remove all leftovers from table.
Garbage= Remove all garbage so animals can get to it